QCS: Better Than an Alaska Fishing Trip
When most people think of fishing trips, they immediately think of Alaska. This is unfortunate as people are missing out one of the best and most beautiful places to fish – Haida Gwaii, BC. Popular doesn’t always mean better, and our previous customers would attest to this.
We pride ourselves on offering a much better experience than almost any Alaska fishing trip you can take. There is a better option than Alaska, and we’d like to show you why.
Share Embed Code
Click & Copy the code below:
An Alternative to Fishing in Alaska
The truth of the matter is that everyone knows about Alaska. They have built up a reputation for fishing over the years, and this is apparent at all the trade shows we visit. Because of this, Alaska is more crowded, which causes the fishing experience to suffer. The Haida Gwaii Islands are different. We offer a relaxed environment that allows you to catch better fish. Here are some of the top ways we are different from an Alaska fishing trip:
- Location: The Queen Charlotte Islands, or Haida Gwaii, is located at the meeting point of nearly every major salmon run in the Pacific Northwest. Fish travelling every which way pass by these islands to feed on the massive herring population. And getting all those salmon together in one area makes for perfect fishing.
- Daily Double: Our waters are so packed with fish that our guests frequently experience what we like to call the “daily double” where two people on your boat hook fish at the same time. Over the course of your trip, you’ll be bringing in more fish than you can believe.
- No Down Time: The rich food supply around the islands keeps our waters stocked all year long. This means you can catch fish any time—not just during peak season. And when peak season does come around, our waters are filled to the brim with fish. There’s never a dull moment once you step onto a Queen Charlotte Safaris boat.
- Fighting Fish: You won’t see spawning salmon here at the end of their life cycles like the ones from your Alaska fishing trip. Our fish are all transitory: stronger, fresher, and ready to fight.
- Combination Fishing: Sure, we have the best salmon fishing in the world, but we also host many other species. Along our coasts are countless reefs and pinnacles, providing the perfect habitat for halibut, lingcod, yellow eye, and bottom fish.
- Better Fish: The salmon you catch with us are transitory, not spawn. This means you catch healthier fish with better color and taste. We also have other fish in our waters, including: halibut, lingcod, yellow eye and bottom fish
- Longer Fishing Season: The Haida Gwaii islands have the longest run of King Salmon in North America. This means we have a longer fishing season – 12 weeks running from May to September. Compare that to fishing season in Alaska, which only lasts 4-6 weeks.
- More Flexibility: Alaska operates under the principle “If you catch it, you keep it”. This means you don’t have the chance to throw a fish back and catch another if you’re not satisfied. Alaska also limits you to one King salmon catch. With us, you can catch and release all you want, as well as keep multiple King salmon.
- No Crowds: Because Haida Gwaii is one of the fishing world’s best kept secrets, you’ll never have to deal with the crowds you find on an Alaska fishing trip. That means more fish for you and your group, plus personalized guidance and service.
- A Better Experience: Besides the fact that there are no crowds, there are plenty of other non-fishing activities to do. Whether it’s hiking, crabbing, or enjoying the scenic beauty and watching eagles soar, there is something for everyone here.
- Service: As if the incredible fishing wasn’t enough to make you want to book a trip right now, we also provide the best service in the Pacific Northwest. When you come to Queen Charlotte Safaris, our proud owner, Valerie, will personally greet you at the airport and insure your trip is perfect. You will come as guests and leave as family.
- Food: We believe your dining experience should be as excellent as the fishing. You can enjoy three meals a day, made on site by our chef. We’ll even prepare custom lunches for you to take on the boat.
- Beauty: When you get a chance to look up from the water, you’ll notice the unspoiled beauty of Haida Gwaii. Your Alaska fishing trip might have its share of pretty views, but they’re nothing compared to Haida Gwaii’s abundant wildlife, towering mountains, rich forests, and pristine waters.
- All-Inclusive: When you book with Queen Charlotte Safaris, you don’t have to jump through hoops you may find with an Alaska fishing trip. Instead, we take care of everything. Included in your getaway is round-trip airfare, an experienced guide, comfortable lodging, three meals a day, and more. Have we convinced you yet? Give us a call today.
The Best King Salmon Fishing is in Haida Gwaii
At QCS, we’re all about the experience you and your loved ones have. We strive to give you memories you will cherish forever. This is what makes us so special. Our staff shares this dedication. Personal attention and commitment is our motto.
This is why we have a smaller, more intimate lodge. It’s why our customers become our friends and family. We are passionate about what we do and we want to be more than just a fish camp. We want to be your home away from home. We guarantee you’ll catch fish – most of our customers catch between 10-15 fish per visit. But more than that, we promise to do our best to make this an experience you’ll remember for the rest of your life. Book today and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime.